I recently came across an article regarding Carl Jung’s 5 Key Elements To Happiness……which are:
1. Good physical and mental health.
2. Good personal and intimate relationships, such as those of marriage, the family, and friendships.
3. The faculty for perceiving beauty in art and nature.
4. Reasonable standards of living and satisfactory work.
5. A philosophic or religious point of view capable of coping successfully with the vicissitudes of life.
Which goes kind of nicely with Judy Reeves 10 Daily Habits That Make A Good Writer:
1. Eat Healthily
2. Be Physical
3. Laugh Out Loud
5. Experience Another Art Form
6. Practice Spirituality
7. Pay attention
8. Give back
9. Connect with other writers
What can I say….. I love lists lol
It’s funny how similar the lists are. So, in conclusion….it’s official…..writing does make you happy
Seriously….. Is there anything you would add to the list? I think chocolate should be on there somewhere don’t you?
I spent most of yesterday trying to write, or rather, trying to bump up the word count on a story for the Writing Magazine competition. I chose to use the story I wrote for the prompt Stolen Goods. I got it up to 750, spent a couple of hours editing (using hubby, red pen, and Autocrit) and sent it off.
Sooooo, now I can say…..drum roll please……
I have 3 Out There’s !!!!!!! *grins stupidly*
Hoping that it will be 4 by tomorrow
Yesterday’s prompt, on daydreaming was interesting…..I ended up sitting in Costa (where I also did some free writing but more about that tomorrow). So I was in the ideal spot for people watching and daydreaming I ended up with the start of a kind of chick lit story….30+ single daydreamer looking for the job and man of her dreams. Oh well, i might be able to do something with it at a later date.
Tomorrows prompt is crossing the bridge. Hmmmm, all I can think of at the moment is the story of the 3 billy goats *snigger*
Off to my class tonight…..a Q&A session, which should be fun