Yesterday I was reading Jack Kerouac’s Belief & Technique for Modern Prose – List of Essentials, which was written in 1958. Some of the items went straight over my head I have to say, but a couple stood out……
1) Scribbled secret notebooks and wild typewritten pages for your own joy
Oh yes, I love the images that conjures up
4) Be in love with your life
I try to be, I love experiencing new things
13) Remove literary, grammatical and syntactical inhibition
Ha ha ha….my OCA tutor would say I definitely do that
24) No fear or shame in the dignity of your experience, language and knowledge
I’m a ‘sowf eas Lunden’ girl, what can I say I’m not highly educated, I don’t use long words that I don’t know the meaning of, so ner!
25) Write for the world to read and see your exact pictures of it
I like that! Everyone interprets the things around them differently, I find everyone and everything fascinating
29) You’re a Genius all the time
Thanks Jack, yeah, I bloody well am!
I like Jack….he sounded like my kinda bloke
Had a great morning with The Maidstone Writers yesterday, and actually managed to do the longest day prompt. It ended up being a ghost story *snigger* Didn’t manage yesterday’s one though *deep sigh* Today, the prompt is driving the coast road which is a coincidence, as I’m off to Margate today