There’s been an image floating around Facebook, have you seen it? This one……
With a bit of investigation, I’ve discovered it’s come from The Weldon Owen Publishing blog and it seems to have inspired lots of debates.
One of my favourite bloggers, Roger Colby featured it on his blog a few days ago, and it made me ask my self the question….. If this writing and publishing malarkey is so goddam hard….why do we do it? Why do we put ourselves through it?
Have you ever asked yourself that question? Or is it just me?
I’ve been doing some Googling lol….from what I can tell (the figures vary) its less than 1% of all manuscripts that get submitted that actually find their way on to our shelves in book form. It’s a tiny amount when you consider the hundreds of thousands of MS’s that must land on agents and publishers desks every day.
So, here’s exactly why I put myself through it.
1. I LOVE writing and I love words
2. It’s escapism, a chance to get away from my own life and envelop myself in someone else’s lol.
3. To get down on paper the thoughts going round in my head.
4. It’s a chance to explore, learn and grow.
5. Because there’s still that tiny piece of me that hopes i might, just might, be in that 1% *snigger*
So I’m determined to stay positive, determined to continue on my writing journey, and if I never get published, so be it….I’m doing something I really enjoy🙂
So why do you do it?