Ok, well, due to the A-Z Challenge in April, and my break from Blogging during May, and all the Faber stuff a bit of a backlog has occurred lol….so sincere apologies to anyone who has nominated me for an Award in the last, oooooo, 6 to 8 weeks lol…I will get to them, I promise 🙂
Lin over at The Voices in My Head nominated me for the Liebster Award.
The rules for this one are:
Post the award on my blog
Thank the blogger who gave me the award and link back to their site
Post 11 random facts about myself (Sorry not doing this one, I can’t come up with that many facts about myself!)
Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to pass the award on to
Ask my nominees 11 questions of my own
And Lins questions to me are:
What’s your favourite TV program? Recently I’m loving Dexter, Da Vinci’s Demons, The Voice and Dr Who….
If you were buying a book for someone who doesn’t usually read, what would you buy? Thats a hard one and would depend on whether they were male or female. If female I’d give them a copy of Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard, if male, I’d get The Hubster to choose something.
Fiction reading or non-fiction reading? Fiction, but I do like a writing guide and the odd cookery book 😉
Do you read more than you write or write more than you read? I write far more than I read 😦
What’s for breakfast? It depends if I’m fasting or feasting 😉
Type or handwrite? Handwrite every time!
What was your favourite childhood tv or book character? I loved Bagpuss.
How do you think the world will end? With a Big Bang!
Radio/music or TV in the background? TV definitely, I can’t concentrate when I’m singing along.
Housework: love it or loathe it? LOATHE!
How good are you at doing what you know you should do? Awful lol
Then i got another Liebster from Madeline at Reincarnated As A Writer and the rules on this one are:
I have to give 11 random facts about me (I’m skipping the facts….see above! Lol)
I have to answer the 11 questions the presenter of the award has asked
I have to nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award, they must have fewer than 200 followers
I have to ask my nominees 11 new questions of my own
The questions Madeline asked are:
1) How much do you like your steak cooked? (If you don’t eat steak, what is your favourite equivalent?) Medium rare.
2) Tea coffee or something else? Tea, but I’m very partial to a Latte 😉
3) How much was your first pay-packet for, and what was the job? £25 and it was a YTS Scheme (remember those?) lol
4) Favourite film, and why? My Fair Lady for the dresses, Audrey Hepburn and the songs and Citizen Kane for just sheer quality!
5) How long does it take you to read an average length novel? Ha ha ha, it used to be a week, but nowadays it’s more like 3 to 4 😦
6) Was your school co-educational or single sex, and do you think that was the better option? My primary school was mixed but my secondary school was girls only. I’m not really sure which is better to be honest.
7) Which emotion do you feel the most easily/most often? Do you enjoy it? oh gawd, I dunno….I’ll say happiness 🙂
8) Has anything out-of-the-ordinary wonderful ever happened to you? Can you tell us about it? Not really *thinks* no, not out of the ordinary lol
9) Left or right handed? Right
10) What’s your favourite kind of holiday? Oooooo, a bit of sightseeing and sitting on a balcony with a cup of tea and my notebook 🙂
11) Do you have a pet, what is it, or if not, why not? I have 2 cats. A moggy called Tigzz and a British Short Hair called Treacle.
Then another Liebster from Maggie at ExpatBrazil and the rules for this one are:
List 11 facts about yourself (Again, I’m skipping!)
Answer the 11 questions given to you
Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
Choose up to 11 up and coming blogs to nominate
Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
My questions from Maggie are:
1. Favourite Writer and why? Hmmmm, I have a couple, but I’d have to say Anita Shreve
2. Who is your best friend and why? The Hubster
3. The genie has granted you three wishes, what are they? To own a house by the sea, to live a long and healthy life and to have a bidding war over my first novel he he he!
4. Which historical figures would you love to have dinner with? Oscar Wilde
5. What couldn’t you live without? Lattes and the people I love
6. What do you do for fun? Fine Dining, films, visiting art galleries, museums and historic houses
7. Favourite Quote? Never, Never, Never, Give Up – Winston Churchill
8. If money was no object where would you live and why? By the sea. I’d like to be able to see the beach from my desk.
9. What’s your secret pleasure? Glittery stickers lol
10. Who do you admire and why? Anyone who achieves their dream!
11. What superpower would you like to have? Teleportation 🙂
And last but not least, the final Liebster from The Write Romantics and the rules for that one are:
Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs (or less) who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
Pass on the 11 questions to your nominees (or create new ones).
The Write Romantics questions are:
1. If you could be an animal for a day, what animal would you be and why? A much loved cat lazing in the sun all day 😉
2. If you could invent something, what would it be? Some sort of robot where I could feed my manuscript in and it would come out edited and polished *snigger*
3. What advice would you give to novice bloggers? Include at least 1 picture in every post, for visual interest.
4. What motivates you to write your blog? If I didn’t I’d go mad, all this stuff running round my head lol
5. What book would you take to a desert island? A dictionary!
6. Which fictional character would you most like to be? Eliza Doolittle
7. If you could have a super hero power, what would it be and why? Teleportation so I could travel wherever I wanted whenever I wanted 😉
8. How would you define your life in ten words? Now? Approaching middle age and determined to not waste what’s left!
9. What makes you cry? Anything sad about animals 😦
10. Who or what is your biggest influence/inspiration? everything around me!
11. What would you put into a time capsule for future generations? One of my notebooks he he he 😉
Phew…i think thats it! If you have nominated me for a Leibster and cant see it here please let me know incase ive missed it for some reason.
Ok, so I can’t really nominate 44 bloggers can I….sooooo, I’m going to nominate 11 and let you decide which Liebster you would like to accept….take your pic of the badges. Personally, I like the pink one! The punk and brown ones remind me of jammy dodgers lol
So, I nominate:
Sabrina at Creativity or Crazy
Florence at Fois In The City
Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge
Lord David Prosser
Anita at Food My Family And Me
Please take a few moments to check out all these WONDERFUL blogs…you never know, you might find a new one to follow 🙂
And here are my 11 Questions…
1. Whats your most embarrassing moment?
2. When’s the last time you sent or received flowers?
3. Have you ever sought revenge?
4. What’s your greatest personal strength?
5. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done (has to be different from number 1 lol)?
6. Who’s the most famous person you’ve met?
8. What do you collect?
9. Favourite all time song?
10. Favourite ice cream flavour?
11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
HAVE FUN! 🙂