Firstly, thank you so much, to everyone who commented, sympathised and generally encouraged on my post last Wednesday for the IWSG Day. I really appreciate it, and it’s given me much to think about over the last few days 🙂
And secondly, my feet are back to normal!!!!! YAY! So no Drs for me today *beams*
Sooooo, how did I do?
1. Sort out the piles of stuff on my table. It’s an absolute mess now that I’ve spread out all the stuff I brought back from Caerleon lol DONE!
2. Go through my Caerleon notes. I made lots of notes in Kate Walkers class, so I need to go through them, see if they actually make sense and follow up on some of the authors she recommended. DONE!
3. Read for at least 1 hour every day. I really need to stick to this. Oh, umm, well I would say I kind of failed, I missed one day! 😉
4. Catch up with my prompts. I’m a couple of days behind, mainly because I’m not feeling too great (the whole feet thing is getting me down). DONE! All up to date 🙂
5. Sort out a short story to send to Linda Lewis and send it. Linda is doing a critique for me at Swanwick next month. DONE!
6. Catch up with Blogs. I’ve fallen a bit behind DONE! But something tells me this is going to be a regular occurrence lol
7. Write my door piece. lol DONE!
Well that wasn’t too bad was it 🙂
A couple of weeks ago I bought I diary. I was using those “things to do lists” but I kept losing them in my piles lol. So now, it’s all in one little book 🙂
As I’m off to Swanwick on Saturday, the to do list will be rather small this week…..
1. Write my “Powder Room” prompt.
2. Finish current read (Kate Walker) and start something else.
3. Start seriously thinking about which ‘novel’ idea I’ll be doing for Nano and make some notes.
4. Sort out all my writing stuff to take to Swanwick. Should I start a new notebook? Keep it all in one place?
5. Catch up with my journal.
Will be doing my prompts every day, naturally, don’t want to end up behind, which I’m sure will happen next week lol and still try to read for an hour every day 🙂
There, that shouldn’t be too taxing!
What are your plans for this week?
- The To Do List 30th July to 5th August (the-view-outside.com)
My plans have to be worked around my day job 😦 but I have a final edit of my fantasy to do (The Rython Kingdom) and then submit it to Smashwords. Determine which WIP I am going to plunge into once it has gone…and keep up my writing partnership with a friend who lives miles away & feels out of touch. So far it is working well I commited to 1 hour of writing Monday, Wednesday & Friday and she commited to 45 mins Friday & Sunday. I also have work to do on Thursday for my publisher and a writing group meeting on Tuesday. And if possible I want to finish The Map of Time by Felix de Palma as it is gripping.
Wow, sounds like you have a busy week!!!!
Good luck Mandy 🙂
Good luck to you too – my week’s are always busy but I love that. Don’t want to stagnate.
School stuff mostly. Inventory and work on my syllabus. I want to write 1k words a day for the novella I’m working on though.
1k a day? I. Sure you can do that CC 😉
Good luck honey xx
Is that a Moleskine planner? If so, you are my hero. If not, I really need to get my eyesight checked.
It sounds like you are taking a lot of proper steps to advance your writing career, and while it may be exhausting and time consuming, the time and effort will pay off while others are busy doing something else.
Ha ha ha, it IS a Moleskine 😉
Thanks hon 🙂 I try not to put too much pressure on myself every week. Yes, I could do more, and mot weeks I do, but I was getting really fed up every week with not having a completed list. This way works soooo much better 😉
I got to do very little (work) last week so my plan for this week is to get some writing done.
Hope your list goes well.
Lol, you and me both honey, what with me feet and feeling proper poorly 😦
We WILL get some writing done this week yeah? 🙂
Thanks hon, good luck to you too xx
My to do list is as follows:
1. Survive a week’s work in the charity shop with irksome collegue (will explain in tonight’s entry)
2. Tidy my room aka the bombsite
3. Write chick lit novel’s chapter’s 1-3
4. Think up a decent title for said chick lit novel
5. Keep up with my undying fans on both dA and WordPress
6. Finally get around to having a day of reading and chocolate eating 😀
Hope your feet are feeling better!
Oooooo, I love your list honey, good luck!
Thank you, they’re back to normal 😉
I also thought I’d mention that I’ve nominated you for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award!
Awwwww, thank you so much!!!!!! 🙂
That’s OK 🙂
Vikki, here comes another nomination to Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! 🙂
Here’s a link to your nomination. http://creativemuse365.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/humbled-by-you-creation-248/
If you accept, please post 7 things about yourself, pass on the award to 7 other bloggers and inform them that they have been nominated.
Include the logo of the award on a post or in your blog as well.
Thank you for continuing to inspire 🙂
Awwwwww, thank you so much!!!!! 🙂
I’m happy you have a goal list. It is Monday, and mine is shot, but that’s okay. I’m behind on blog reading, too. You provide the inspiration, and I hope you receive an excellent and helpful critique.
Oh honey, sorry your plans for the week have been skuppered 😦
Actually, mine have too lol….not sure a lot is going to get done this week now after all lol
You did great on last week’s list! 🙂
Good luck on this week’s goals. I hope you make some nice headway on your novel idea. 🙂
I did CB *big grin*Im much preferring this “to do” list than a “goals” list. It seems much more manageable 😉
Thanks honey 🙂
Good luck with your list – you are so organised. I have this week off with my girls (yeahhhh!) so my plan is to spend lots of time with them. However, I have been getting up early to do a couple of hours on the computer before they get up. Have been trying to write up notes, finish editing my book, and also reviewing my many websites and blogs to see if I can streamline things a bit (I’m sure I’m paying for things I don’t need to!). Might even get a few blog posts in this week! Take care, Sandra 🙂
Ha ha ha, organised? NO WAY Sandra, you should see the state of this place! Lol 😉
Awwwww, have a lovely week with the girls and good luck!!!! 🙂